CAREER AND ENTRANCEDecember 25, 2018
AIIMS MBBS exam, or generally referred to as AIIMS exam by the students of class 12 is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences every year at a National level for their undergraduate program. The MBBS undergraduate program is offered in 9 AIIMS institutes throughout India. The seat distribution will be as follows:
- AIIMS New Delhi – 107 seats
- AIIMS Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh – 100 seats each
- AIIMS Guntur and Nagpur – 50 seats each (first year of opening)
AIIMS EXAM 2018 (MBBS) IMPORTANT DATES
|Online registration starts
||5th February 2018
|Last date for online registration
||5th March 2018 (5:00 PM)
||8th to 12th March 2018
|Status of Registration including rejection /deficiencies in application
||21st March 2018
|Application correction re-open
||16th – 18th April 2018
|Final registration status
|Admit card release
||10th May 2018
||26th & 27th May 2018
||18th June 2018
|First round counselling
||3rd, 04th, 05th, 06th July 2018
|Second round counselling
||2nd August 2018
|Third round counselling
||4th September 2018
|Open counselling (If Required)
||27th September 2018
AIIMS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Age: Candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before December 31 (year of admission).
- Indian – Candidate must be an Indian national
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) – Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible to appear in AIIMS MBBS. OCI candidates have to submit Proof of Registration to appear for the exam
- Foreign National candidates (applicable for AIIMS, New Delhi only) – Foreign candidates nominated by the Government are not required to appear for AIIMS MBBS exam. They will be eligible for admission to the MBBS course only at AIIMS, New Delhi. Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their Intermediate of Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to MBBS course at AIIMS New Delhi
- Educational Qualifications for AIIMS Exam (MBBS):
- Candidates should have passed their Class 12 under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I. Sc.) or an equivalent Examination of a recognized University/Board of any Indian State.
- Candidates must have studied and passed with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their main subjects during their Class 10+2.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing in the qualifying examination i.e. Class 10 + 2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects and expect to pass the Examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in AIIMS MBBS. However, their candidature will be valid only when they provide evidence of having passed 10+2 with the required subjects (English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and percentage of marks
- The minimum aggregate of the marks to be secured by candidates at 10+2 in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology is 60% for General and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST/OPH category candidates.
AIIMS APPLICATION FEE
|OBC (creamy as well as non-creamy)
|| Rs 1500
- Exam Mode: AIIMS exam will be a Computer Based Test. No Offline option is present.
- Duration: The exam duration will be 3 ½ hours.
- Exam Shifts: First Shift (9:00 AM to 12:30 PM) and Second Shift (3:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- Type of Question: Questions will be Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type).
- No. of Question: Total 200 questions will be asked in the AIIMS exam.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
||No. of Questions
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)
|Aptitude and Logical Thinking
AIIMS EXAM SYLLABUS
The AIIMS exam will comprise of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking. All India Institute of Medical Sciences does not specify the syllabus for their MBBS exam but you can refer to the broad topic-wise syllabus mentioned below:
Anatomy and Physiology, Developmental Biology, Diversity of Animal Life, Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis), Histology, Reproductive System, etc.
Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry, Molecule and Chemical Bond, Periodic Properties of Elements, Structure of Atom
Section B: Organic Chemistry, Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
Section C: Physical Chemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Energetic, State of Matter, etc.
Circular Motion, Electricity, Nuclear Physics, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Measurement, Motion, first law of Thermodynamics, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, Solids, Wave Motion: Optics, etc.
General Knowledge+Logical Reasoning:
Current Affairs, Punch line of companies, Business, Top officials of big companies, Famous award and prizes, Major corporate events, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, etc.
Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals, Anatomy and Physiology of Plants, Meristems-Plant growth and development, Botany and Human Welfare, Importance, History, Factors and mechanism, Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis, Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants, Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots, Internal structure of stem and secondary growth, Tropic and turgor movements, Transpiration & respiration, Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions, etc.
- AIIMS MBBS counselling will be conducted in online mode from 2018 onwards.
- Candidates have to register online and participate in the counselling as per the schedule allotted to their rank.
- Counselling is conducted in four rounds including the open counselling round.